Saturday, April 12, 2008

O Little One

Since I've gotten back from Africa God has really been speaking to me and revealing new layers of Himself and His love that have just left me in awe. So Monday morning at about 5:30am God woke me up with a chorus in my head. In about an hour and a half I had finished the song. I thought I’d share the lyrics...they were totally God-breathed!
Hope you enjoy...
~Lindz

"O Little One"

Verse 1:

Pain without merit; Hurt never earned
Questions "why?" fill my mind
Burdens beyond reason; Scars not justified
Questions "why?" won’t subside

Chorus:

O little one, O little one
Please know that He loves you
O little one, O little one
Please know that He adores you
He sprinkled the stars in the sky, just to see them reflect in your eyes
O little one, O little one
Verse 2:

Joy beyond measure; Smiles that radiate
Questions "why?" still fill my mind
Hope surpassing reason; Love lavished without contain
These precious lives fill me with new life

Repeat Chorus

Bridge:

Jesus loves you this I know
Because He told me so
O little one to Him you belong
When you are weak, know He is strong

Repeat Chorus


©2008 Lindsey Carter

No comments: